Instagram Image Ads are a very popular choice for businesses. The main reason for this is that posting images is what Instagram is really all about. So what could be more natural than to see a single image from an advertiser which blends in well with everything else? Here we will provide you with everything that you need to know about Image Ads on Instagram.
What is an Instagram Image ad?
Image Ads or Photo Ads are the most common type of ad on Instagram. There is a single image which has a caption where you can add some enticing copy, keywords and hashtags and a call to action that you want the Instagram user to take.
You can use the following calls to action with an Image Ad:
* Apply now
* Contact us
* Book now
* Learn more
* Get showtimes
* Call now
* Get directions
Types of ads
There are three types of Image Ad that you can use on Instagram.
* The Landscape Image Ad
* The Square Image Ad
* The Vertical Image Ad
Now we will look at each of these in turn and provide you with all of the important specification information that you need to know to get the best results. We strongly advise that you follow the specifications to the letter to have your ad accepted and to ensure that it will look the best that it can be.
The first thing you need to know about Landscape Image Ads is that they tend to be wider and as a result will not take up the conventional Instagram post full square. The real advantage of using a Landscape Image Ad is that they stand out when compared to the normal format.
You can use a Landscape Image Ad for wider images such as panoramic images to showcase a number of things going on at once. A lot of travel and outdoor companies use Landscape Image Ads to good effect. They tend to have a bigger impact than conventional images.
Here are the important specifications for a Landscape Image Ad:
* The image ad size should be 1200 X 628 pixels
* The resolution should be a minimum of 600 X 315 pixels
* The correct aspect ratio is 1.9:1
* File formats can either be PNG or JPG
* There is a maximum file size of 30 MB per image
* A 2,200 character limit exists for captions but we recommend you go for around 150 characters
Square Image Ad
Again you will focus on width with a Square Image Ad just as with the landscape ad. A Square Ad doesn’t take up all of the space for a post and you would usually use this type of ad for a portrait image.
Here are the important specifications for the Square Image Ad:
* The size of the Square Image Ad is 1080 X 1080 pixels
* The resolution should be a minimum of 600 X 600 pixels
* The correct aspect ratio is 1:1
Sometimes called a Portrait Image Ad, the Vertical Image Ad is the most common. This is because it is the format when you take a picture through the Instagram app or with other photographs you take with your smartphone.
Here are the important specifications for the Vertical Image Ad:
* The size of the Vertical Image Ad is 1080 X 1350 pixels
* The resolution should be a minimum of 600 X 750 pixels
* The correct aspect ratio is 4:5