Do you really know what is going on with your Instagram account? We are not just talking about Instagram Ads here but your overall marketing performance with the platform. The good news is that you can learn a great deal about how things are working out for you with Instagram Analytics.
A lot of businesses that use Instagram don’t really know what is going on with their accounts. You need to know how many views your Instagram Ads are getting . As well as how well your stories and conventional posts are doing.
Problems that you could have with your Instagram Account
If you are running your Instagram account blind and don’t know what is really going on then you could have all kinds of issues that you could do something about. One of the biggest issues you could face is targeting the wrong audience. You are not going to get optimum results from your Instagram Ads if you target the wrong people.
How about your posting frequency? Are you making too many posts or not enough? With your Instagram Ads are you driving the right visitors to your website? If the ad is driving the right kind of visitors from Instagram are you using this ad enough to get more good traffic?
Getting the most from your Instagram Ads and conventional posts is all about engagement. So do you know how well you are doing from an engagement point of view? You need to know the number of comments, shares and likes that your posts are receiving.
There are more things that you need to know when using an Instagram account for marketing. By taking a look at your Instagram metrics you will discover what is working and what isn’t and then you can take the appropriate action.
Important Areas To Check with Instagram Analytics
There is a vast amount of information available to you from Instagram Analytics and it can be quite overwhelming if you are new to it. So to help you we have identified the most important areas that you should focus on as a minimum.
If you don’t get your target audience right then you will never get the results that you want. You can find out a great deal of information in Instagram Analytics about your audience.
Here is what we recommend you take a look at:
* Best locations – here you can see the top 5 locations where your followers live
* Age ranges – what is the age range of your followers? Within Analytics Instagram breaks age ranges down by 13 to 17, 18 to 24, 25 to 34, 35 to 44, 45 to 54, 55 to 64 and 65 and over.
* Gender – here you can see how many of your followers are male or female
* Follower hours – with this you can see the average time of day your followers are logged on
* Follower days – the days of the week your followers are active
You can see the following about your posts:
* Interactions – what did users do e.g. visit your profile, visit your website etc
* Discovery – are users finding your content using the Discovery feature?
* Follows – the number of new followers you get from a post
* Reach – unique users that the post reached
* Impressions – views to your posts
* Comments – how many comments on your posts
You can use Analytics to see how your stories are doing:
* Impressions – number of views to your stories
* Reach – unique users that viewed your stories
* Exits – number of exits from your stories
* Replies – the number of relies to an element of your stories